Friday, December 08, 2006

Ching Chung Koon, the New Territories

After a really difficult time finding the Ching Chung Koon, I've postponed my trip until another day. 30+ degree heat when I got to Tsuen Mun made it highly awkward (to quote Bill Hicks, ""Isn't it great, every day, hot and sunny?" What are you, a fucking lizard? Only reptiles feel that way about this kind of weather. I'm a mammal, I can afford coats, scarves, cappuccino and rosy cheeked women.")


Yep, that about sums it up, it was too hot for the quest I had in mind, which was frustrating after wandering around for 3 hours asking people who had seriously limited English speaking skills, asking them about Ching Chung and being greeted with what I though were vacant looks when they swept their hands around them. Unfortunately I now realise I should have been asking for Ching Chung Koon, as Ching Chung is the name of the Taoist foundation that runs everything in that region. By sweeping their hands round they were probably saying "which bit of Ching Chung do you want? we have the Ching Chung Taoist Association of Hong Kong Ltd. (Head Office), the Ching Chung Sian Yuan, Ching Chung Home For The Aged, Ching Chung Free Clinic No.1, HKTA Ching Chung Secondary School, Taoist Ching Chung Primary School, Ching Chung Taoist Association of Hong Kong Ltd. (Head Temple), Ching Chung Care & Attention Home For The Aged, etc."

You get the idea!

Got back to the Alisan for another room change, but this is the last!! They've also given me the best room they have, with decent en-suite, a good view from the window and it's just next to reception if i need anything.

Went out for something to eat tonight, and someone in the street handed my a voucher for a $30 discount on a massage. Seeing as it's on my list of things to do, I had a Swedish/Oriental full body massage. It was awesome, but feeling a little zoned out now.

Just had a shower and heading out to Soho for the night. It is Friday night, after all!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you know, i think i'm gonna get nic to give me a massage after reading that!

:wink:

:D

1:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home