Saturday, December 09, 2006

INK!!!!!

Finally got booked in for ink at 8pm tonight. Phoned the studio, and Jason speaks no English at all, but fortunately he was tattooing a guy from Provence, so between my pidgeon French and his pidgeon English I arranged to go to meet the artist at the studio and he acted as translator. Got a design sorted and a location (bottom of the left leg). Its going to cost me $3000HK, which isn't to bad for a permanent souvenir of my time here.

Got a decent nights sleep last night as well, although it was assisted by a few drinks. I went back to Soho to see it on a weekend....and it has to be seen to be believed. All the bars just meld into one, as the street is completely covered from side to side with people drinking and dancing, so effectively there is no separation between the people from 1 bar and another. It was a little claustraphobic to be honest. It all got a little much when i realised i had about 500 yards of people in any direction and there was no path out other than to fight my way through. I necked my drink and then fought my way out to get a taxi home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home