Sunday, December 10, 2006

Hijack

Today has been another interesting day.

Met Julian and Emma for afternoon tea at the Four Seasons in IFC2. Had a fantastic time. It was odd meeting the twins for the first time when they are over 2 years old and seeing Emma for the first time in 6 years. The twins look like a handful but Emma and Julian cope well, and seem really attentive as parents. Testimony to this is the behavious and obvious intellect of their children. A superb afternoon.

After meeting them spent the afternoon talking to people back home on Skype. I miss everyone badly at the moment, and although it's good to get away from it all, I do still love everyone there and miss my friends tremendously. Went out for a steak this evening at the Outback to immerse myself in more homely culture in an environment where the staff speak perfect English.

I got chatting to an American called Jan and his friend MJ, then Jan's date turned up who it turned out was Welsh-Korean. We got talking about the UK and she was impressed that I spoke a little Korean (albeit Tae Kwon Do related terms - counting etc!). A few drinks went by and I got the distinct feeling that I had hijacked Jan's date as we had talked all night and he'd barely got a word in edgeways, so I exchanged contact details with Pjinyau and they left, leaving me feeling extremely guilty (got shot a couple of dirty looks by Jan) as the last thing I wanted to do is ruin their evening. [edit: although in the sober light of day, if Jan had been planning a hot date, then perhaps he shouldn't have brought his best friend with him!] Pjinyau said she'd get in touch when she was back in the UK, which is cool. Anyway, a little drunk so probably going to try to get some sleep in while I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home