Monday, December 11, 2006

Shopping :-)

Today set off early to do some shopping. The plan was to go to Stanley, which is on the Southern side of Hong Kong island. Apparently the Stanley Markets are a bargain hunter/tourists dream, so I thought getting some souvenirs would be an easy task there.

I got the MTR to Chai Wan station, then was supposed to get a bus, but on failing to find the bus terminal I got a taxi, which only cost $50HK - well worth it as the journey from Chai Wan is a pretty long one (about 25 minutes) so the extra c
omfort was appreciated.

Some success was had
, although the items that i'd hoped to get for some people were not there so I think some of the night markets will have to be experienced before I go.

On the bright side while chilling and having a beer in a bar near the Stanley Markets I met to lovely ladies, Anna and Patricia who live in Hong Kong but also have residences in Provence. we exchanged contact details so that if they ever make their way to Yorkshire or I find my way back to Provence then we can meet for a meal or a drink. After a couple of really positive meetings with people (last nights meeting included) my hope is restored a little in the decency of the people i've met on my travels.

It's all a little mad as I only have a week left in Hong Kong before I set off for Sydney. With reflection on the last cou
ple of weeks though I'll definitely be back here. I love Hong Kong, the people and the places are truly amazing, with beautiful sights, sounds and smells. The guest house I'm staying at is a frantic hive of activity with truly lovely staff and the food in tbe Causeway Bay distict is second to none. If it wasn't for the people back home I could easily settle here I think. Cost of living is fantastic, along with the beauty of the Bays and Gardens combined with all the benefits of city living.

I took some photos of the staff at Alisan tonight as a reminder of how helpful and friendly they have been. In particular Tommys daughter and Liza who have made my stay really enjoyable through their advice and general thoughfulness combined with excellent English speaking skills.

Still trying to decide whats on the agenda for tonight. Still on the list of things to do are:

  • Visit the night markets all around the place.
  • See some Chinese Theatre
  • see Hong Kong Cinema, in a Hong Kong cinena
  • Go to Discovery Bay
  • Visit the Victoria Peak at night
  • Visit the Buddhist Philiosophy Bookshop ion Mong Kok
  • Visit the Ching Chung Koon and be blessed there
  • Visit the Hong Kong Botanical and Zoological Gardens
  • Go on the Star Ferry
  • Visit Man Mo Temple
  • Go on the "Dragon Cruise from Wan Chai
  • Go on the Feng Shui Tour.
Think i have a busy 6 nights ahead of me!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home