Saturday, January 06, 2007

What a LARC!!

Cycled into Agnes Water again yesterday. A pretty gruelling affair given the heat, but I'm getting quicker and less breathless the more I do the journey which can only be a good sign! On the way back I was passing the marina and remembered that I'd planned to do a LARC tour but hadn't got round to it. No time like the present, so I popped in and booked for that evening.

The LARC is an aluminium amphibious vehicle - a boat with wheels basically, that tours the coastline right up as far as the Bustard Head Lighthouse station. The evening tour is much shorter, going as far as the Eurimbula National Park though, but I think having been on the short evening (Sunset) tour I'll probably book in on Monday for the longer one. It was a great evening out and I managed to get some amazing photos, although the camera stayed in the bag for much of the tour because the abilities of the LARC were being demonstated. Certainly "surfing" in 7.5 tonnes of vehicle is an experience that will never be forgotten.

A little damp, I walked past the pub on the way back and stopped in for a quick drink. Didn't stop long though as I was accosted by a pretty drunk tourist who was quite irritating. I went home, ate and then played guitar on the veranda for an hour or 2, read then fiddled with the digital camera (it has some features that I haven't
looked at yet) before calling it a night.


I went to the caravan park this morning after going for a swim to pick up some more insect repellant.....bloody bugs are still mauling me at every opportunity. They're driving me completely crackers. I woke up this morning with a couple of nasty bites on my arms, back and the top of my foot. The insect life here really won't be missed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home